Saturday, April 14, 2012

Where are we at today?

Piper has had a few stable days now. I haven't posted on her condition because nothing has really changed since the middle of the week. We are thankful to have had a few good days of cuddles and no drama. She has been pretty fussy though when she's awake so I would love your prayers that she won't be so fussy, and that we can figure out what's bothering her.
My favourite moment of the day today was when she smiled at my Dad in her sleep. I have missed that smile so much! The moment was far too fleeting! She hasn't smiled since Monday, and even then, it wasn't the same as the charming one we would always work so diligently to see. I have made a fool of myself so many times to see that little grin! And I would a hundred times over to see it again! Ah, the power of a smile!

2 comments:

  1. Praying you can see that precious smile again! I'm a friend of Laura & Kevin's from church. Praying for your family constantly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Found your blog via Carrie Lakey. Your story touches me because our daughter also has a mitochondrial disease. Hers appears to be milder than your daughter's, however. My Erin doesn't have seizures, and she is much more medically stable. If you'd like to read my blog about our journey, you can see it at http://strengthforthejourney.wordpress.com/

    Your family will be in my prayers.
    Blessings,
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete